Wednesday, January 29, 2014

                                                               Flying into paradise!
If my life was a dream. Just like the amazing images that I see overnight while I sleep. With any good dream I wouldn't change a thing. Because ever since I was a little girl probably around the age of six, I would dream that I could fly freely. With the ability to fly, I could go on crazy adventure that my heart desired. But if I could choose any place, Brazil would be my top numero uno. I'm very fond of this place, probably because I watch the Rio cartoon for the 100th time or mostly cause Miss. G explains it so beautifully. These are the things I would do if  I ever  had a chance to visit this tropical paradise.


                                                                 (Rio de Janeiro)

First off, I would like to go on top of the Corcovado mountain to see the 120 feet statue called Christ the Redeemer.  Its still one of my favorite statue despite the fact it got hit by lightning for the second time in the last few week.(It manage to leave marks on his head and a damaged middle finger.....Christ is Bad-ass.) Plus on top of the mountain you have a nice view that overlooks Rio de Janeiro.
                                           
                                                                   (Chris the redeemer)
                                                                                                                                                         
                                  Lightning struck Rio's Jesus Christ statue and broke off his fingers
                                            (Christ the redeemer getting hit by lightning)

Secondly, with any warm place, I would go to beaches like Copacabana, Ipanema or even the Prainha beach. Since the last beach is popular for surfing, I would probably attempt to learn how to ride them scary waves. Haha take that mother nature!! Revenge for what you did to the Christ of Redeemer.

                             
                                                              (Copacabana Beach)

Thirdly, I would go visit Iguazu Fall that is composed of an average 300  waterfalls.The sunlight and mist from the falling water make Iguazu also a nice place for rainbows. The Iguazu fall can be seen from Brazil, Argentina and Paraguay. But the view from Brazil and Argentina are the most popular.The falls are just so beautiful in pictures that it has become a must see on my to do list.

    
                                                         (The majestic waterfalls)

Last but not least, I would love to go explore the rain forest and do some bird watching. The main reason is that Brazil is known for having one of the biggest bird diversities in the world (1,901 different species). But I have to admit I'm sad to say that the Rain forest has suffered a lot of  deforestation. Mostly due to ranching, hydroelectric dam, mining, soybean production, logging that have been happening during the years. Also the the rate of deforestation  has risen 28%  in the year 2013 itself. Which also leads me wanting to go has soon as possible in order to enjoy the wilderness.

                       
                                             (Deforestation picture that breaks my heart)

             Here are some picture of Brazilian birds:

                                 
          (Blue and yellow macaw)                                                                  (Scarlet macaw)

File:Hyacinth Macaw - Nashville Zoo.jpg                                           
            (Hyacinth Macaw)                                                                        (Brown Violet-ear)

                     File:Magellanic penguin, Valdes Peninsula, e.jpg
                     ( Ramphastos toco)                                                         (Magellanic Penguin)



                    
                                       ( this Creepy yet funny looking bird called Potoos Silverpot)


No comments:

Post a Comment